udv-hsz hsz-csik
2017-08-24

Min: 22
Max: 25
Min: 8
Max: 10

About Sófalva

Sófalva (Ocna de Sus and Ocna de Jos) is placed at the Eastern part of the former historical Hungary called Transylvania or Transylvania country, in the middle of Europe, in the region of the Carpathian basin called Szeklerland, since the Parisian peace-treaty of 1947 in Romania, Hargita county.

The autonomy of Szeklerland was restored in the Stalinist Romania for its main part belonged to the Maros Hungarian Autonom Territory which was stopped by Nicolae Ceausescu in 1968. At the same time, unfortunately, the independent community status of Felsősófalva was also stopped, when, together with Alsósófalva and Békástanya it was attached to Parajd, ceasing thus its independence of many centuries and making its development impossible. The leader of the independent community functioning until 1968 was the judge (Parajdi Mózes was the last), later the first person of the village was called "president". After the ceasement of community status Felsősófalva was represented in the leadership of Parajd community by the "village responsibles".

Parajd and Sófalva have been already competing for theownership of salt mine since 1567. At the 1585 anual Parliament the one who represents the saltmine is Parajd, but in 1591 and 1662 through a tax register ordered by the princep Apafi Mihály, Sófalva occurs like owner of the mine. later Parajd give back the owner.

His countryside is a real paradise for all those nature lovers who don't limit only to sightsee it from the cars or coaches.

The two villages Ocna de Jos and Ocna de Sus are attested since 1493.

Sófalva has an absolute Székely (Hungarian) majority.

As to the administrative division, Felsősófalva (Ocna de Sus) and Alsósófalva (Ocna de Jos) belongs to Parajd commune.

 
Magyar | Romana | English | Deutsch